Reports to: Head of Securities & Facilities
Comp: Hourly Compensation DOE
Ideal Start Date: ASAP
Location: Carpinteria, CA
Hours: 6:00pm-6:00am Monday - Thursday
Company Overview: Headwaters is a leading supplier of bulk cannabis focused on cultivation, bulk commodity distribution, and consumer goods. Guided by the tenets of sustainable agriculture and driven by a commitment to transparency, when you see a Headwaters product, you can trust that it does right by you, the environment, and the community.
Run by a group of cannabis innovators with a unique blend of business and agricultural knowledge, Headwaters is proud to be leading the Cannabis industry towards a sustainable future. At Headwaters, every decision we make—from production strategy to design—is guided by our three core values: Environmental Awareness, Community Partnership, and Personal Well-Being.
We are looking for a Security Officer. Having experience in Security, Military or prior Law Enforcement is a plus.
- Controlling the entrance and departure of employees, visitors and clients according to procedures.
- Direct parking and make sure all parking spots are being utilized.
- Monitoring surveillance cameras to watch out for any disruptions or unlawful activities.
- Patrolling and monitoring activities on the company’s premises regularly to discourage criminals and ensure the environment is safe and secure
- Ensure compliance with all company policies as well as local, state, and federal regulations.
- Ability to work overtime, nights, and weekends.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Reliable transportation
- Satisfactory background check (no felonies)
- A current and up to date Guard Card is a plus
- No recreational cannabis-use is tolerated during work hours
- Must be 21+ years of age
- Must have legal working status
- A valid Driver’s License
- Submit DMV Driving Record
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
- Team Player: Proven ability to work cooperatively with team members at all levels across multiple departments.
- Accountability: Establishes clear expectations for self and others to achieve stated goals and objectives. Sets regular review and oversight procedures against a plan, gives regular feedback to ensure system and record accuracy.
- Experience: Demonstrated expertise in their field with a class C driver’s license driving all types of vans and trucks. Has learned many significant lessons and has been able to implement what they have learned into their career. Past cannabis or Military experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Judgment / Decision Making: Demonstrates consistent logic, rationality, and objectivity in decision-making. Achieves balance between quick decisiveness and slower, more thorough approaches, i.e., is neither indecisive nor a hip-shooter. Shows common sense. Anticipates consequences of decisions.
- Ground floor opportunity in a fast-growing startup
- Collaborative culture with a supportive team
- A great place to work with unlimited growth opportunities
Headwaters provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.